background wallpaper

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Sewing for family

I got some exciting news my BFF / Cousin is getting two piggies for my niece. After a visit she had with my piggies last month she has been begging my cousin for piggies of her own.  So of course I am compelled to share my fleece loving sewing obsession on my family! My plan is to make her two sets of coordinating cage pads, lap pads, tunnels, and bottle pads etc. I shopped last week and picked up some adorable purple unicorn fleece and a couple of coordinating stripes, stars and blue chevron patterns.  I'm trying not to go too overboard, I want to make sure my Cousin likes using fleece in the cage. Plus I am sure she would like to get a little crafty and make a couple of things herself.

I'm super stoked I have these projects to do, I am running out of storage space for all the projects I make for my pigs!  I might have to donate some of it.  Every once in a while I consider marketing and selling as a side business but I have done the whole turn your hobby into a business thing before and I   am not sure I want to do that. Not that I don't have enough hobbies LOL

So this is what I managed to sew up today, I have a lot more fleece to work with so I am not sure what the final package will look like for my cousin, I just know there will be at least two sets of everything.

I know at least the two unicorn fleeces are definitely going to my niece.
(Unicorn/Rainbow stripe reversible fleece tunne and 
Blue Chevron/ Unicorn reversible waterproof lap pad)

Here's the four projects I completed today
Two fat quarter size reversible fleece waterproof lap/cage pads:

Two reversible fleece tunnels, one with batting, one with uhaul pad 
(first and last time trying uhaul as the batting. I broke THREE needles 
and had to hand finish sewing over the seams!)




No comments:

Post a Comment