background wallpaper

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Piggy cage gets tubular.

I stumbled on a really cool cage using clear acrylic tubes and PVC on the outside of the cage to create a habitrail style racetrack.  As soon as I saw it I got obsessed with the idea of adding one to my cage.  I bought a 6" diameter, 6' acrylic tube from www.usplastics.com and had them cut it into two 3' sections.  After giving it some more thought I realized It would cost less if I didn't put the tubes on the outside of the cage.  I brainstormed a few different ideas and then decide to do a trial run with one tube connecting to a second patio. I wanted to see how difficult it would be to maintain.  

The piggies loved it and it worked well and looked super cool:


It wasn't very long until I decided to complete the racetrack and add the second tube:
 I had it like this for a couple of weeks but soon got tired of cleaning out the tubes. They are big enough to put an arm in, but they get messy on the insides and while it does look super cool and work great, I just didn't feel like I wanted to keep maintaining it.   My next variation on this idea was to swap out the tubes for a set of U bent grid catwalks.  See my next post for photos and details.


No comments:

Post a Comment